20080407

HONG KONG • Monday, April 07.08

Flight 015 Air Canada- Toronto to Hong Kong
Maybe this is still a bit of Sunday too. Not sure, a 16 hour flight plus a 12 hour time difference tends to dis-orient one. Mmmmm, what do you do on a flight that is so long. read, sleep, stare blankly at the seat in front of you... oh and eat! yum! I get excited for new nums, even if it is airline food... ok, maybe not on air canada. take a look for yourself. not so exciting...














I'll commend air canada for accommodating my request, I asked for a seat in bulk head, and got one. Nice.... 6 feet ahead of me. Navigating through the airport in Hong Kong was pretty easy, plenty of English signs and locating my fridge-sized bag was painless.

Check in to Island Pacific Hotel-Hong Kong
Driving from the Airport to the IP hotel gave me a tiny taste of the chaos that is Hong Kong.
After checking in and taking many pictures of my lovely room.





















I ventured to the streets. I think if I hadn't had such a fascination with China town in Toronto, this would send me back to my hotel in a hurry. It was overwhelming even to the seasoned Asian shopper. Many, many people filling a small area, with what seemed like a really confined amount of fresh air... although a familiar "food" smell was everywhere, some nice, some not so nice... mixed with the heavy petro/fuel smell. Those combined smells give me the vacation feeling... they aren't the smells of home.















That's it, walking around getting lost in Hong Kong is really tiresome, not to mention I really hadn't slept in 28 hours, no joke... no sleeps was taking it's toll. It's only 7:30 pm, hk time... Back to the IP hotel for "dinner", I was too tired to try to order something from a vendor, (and leery of the consequences) and too tired to order room service, one of my favorite dinners... snacks!! mmmm, I love this stuff, it's such an adventure when you open the bag, you are not really sure what you are going to get. Hello Kitty noodles?? mmm, thunder nuts!

Here is my dinner:














No comments: